Gaye Dülger took the first step to diving community in 1998. She is the founder and head of instructors of Nereids Dive Center. She started working professionally in diving sector in 2000. She has been training divers, dive leaders and dive instructors under the roof of Nereids Dive Center and its branches. Additionally she trained many instructor trainers under TSSF. Nereids Dive Center Ankara and Istanbul Branche are operational and the branch in Fethiye is planned to be open in April 2020.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Succeeded in the examination of PADI organized in Turkey in 2006 and became Open Water Instructor and in the same year became Master Scuba Diver Trainer and IDC Instructor.
- Has instructor certificate for deep dive, underwater photography and video, night dive, search and rescue dive, wreck dive, equipment specialist, tan filling, trial dive, altitude dive, nitrox dive, boat dive, emergency oxygen provider, drift dive, fish identification, digital underwater photographer, national geographic, perfect buoyancy, coral reef conservation, underwater ecology and protection of cultural heritage specialties. She is also a technical dive specialist.
- Has been training PADI assistant instructors since 2007.
- Founded in 2008, Nereids Dive Center is a 5 star dive center of PADI system.
- Has been giving lectures of instructor training under TSSF since 2010, contributing to the sector as an instructor trainer.
- Has been a part of technical committee, Underwater Photography Committee, Environmental Committee, Committee for Diving with Equipment and Assessment of Instructors Committee under TSSF for 15 years and has served as assistant head of dive centers committee.
- Has participated in the seminar for training disabled divers, organized by TSSF for the first time in Turkey in 2018 and has been a disabled diver instructor.
- Has organized training programs for institutions like Civil Defense, Firefighters and many NGOs in Turkey and provided training for Civil Defense Organization in Northern Cyprus.
- All the instructors she trained are registered to TSSF and PADI and continue working in the sector.
- Founded Nereids Sport Club to contribute in diving sport in Turkey and train athletes on various water sports areas.
- Actively works to raise awareness by organizing seminars on underwater archeology, underwater structure and life in high schools and universities, participating in radio programs, TV shows, social media and press.
- Has been training on EFR – medical first aid following her accomplishment of instructor training on EFR – medical first aid, child and baby first aid and use of AED.
- Being the only actively working women instructor trainer in Turkey, opens her arms to women who wants to advance in the sector and works to increase the number of women dive instructors in Turkey.